cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Openreach and Fibre via overhead cable/telegraph pole

Hi there - am finding this forum so useful so thanks to all for advice.

• My new  Openreach fibre will be ‘flown’ from a telegraph pole to my house. Will Openreach engineer fit a new suspension hook for the fibre before it’s run down the wall into the house? My current copper cable is flown in the other side of the house and I don’t fancy a new fibre cable being clipped horizontally along the front of the house simply because the existing hook is convenient for them. 
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Openreach and Fibre via overhead cable/telegraph pole

you need to speak with the openreach person who comes to fit your fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

If the cable is being attached to brick they should use an Eye Bolt, although may use a Bracket 32 if they need to use it to get the height needed.

Either way if they’re leaving the existing Copper Cable in place they should fit a a new Eye Bolt and or Bracket for the Fibre because you’re not supposed to have more than one Cable on any of them.

Of course what it says in the book and what is done in the real World can differ depending on the Engineer and how much they care about Quality.

Message 4 of 5

Helpful ta - heaven forfend a customer gets what they actually want but I’m ever optimistic! 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

What the customer wants and what is physically possible are not always the same.

0 Ratings