cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Openreach have install overhead fibre cables but no fibre in my area??

Hi Guys 

Openreach have installed overhead fibre cables in my area, how long does it take for them to make avaliable for me to purchase, on there website it says 

We're sorry, our fibre products aren't available for you yet.

Is there anywhere where I can get updates on the work being carried out, I currently have ADSL and cant get FTTC cant wait to get FTTP as my GMS is 1.6 mb/s @

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Openreach have install overhead fibre cables but no fibre in my area??

After you've seen Connectorized block Terminal (CBTs) and overhead fibre cables being installed in your area it can take anywhere between weeks or months. In some cases I've seen it take 9 months as work continues to connect it all up further upstream.

You can check once available by using https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Putting up CBT’s is the easy part.

Its the building of the ODF and Spine Cable that can be time consuming and complicated depending on how far it has to come from.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Here, OR cleared a path through trees to install the overhead to our pole, three years ago, and never came back. Meanwhile City Fibre dug up the street - so perhaps we will never get BT full fibre? Or have to change to Vodafone, the "partner" with CF. Admittedly we already have Virgin cable in the street but I don't want that either.  Perhaps BT doesn't want me and my 14 neighbours?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

That was most likely part of a BDUK Project.

Unfortunately BDUK had a nasty habit of committing to more builds than it was budgeted for and they’d often abandoned Projects halfway through build process.

Also it has now been found out a lot of the Contractors who were doing the BDUK Build were claiming money for things but then buying alternative cheaper things instead.

A good example is the would claim to be installing an 876 Fibre Spine Cable and claiming for the cost of it but in reality they were only installing a 48 Fibre and then not lighting up all the PON’s they built!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

This is one of those "how long is a piece of string?"  questions unfortunately.  Could take quite (and probably will!) a few months..

0 Ratings