cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Orange Light on SH2 New FTTP Install - Help required to progress

Go to solution

Brief Timeline

Sat 15/10 OR Team pull rope through to house, wrecking existing copper in the process leaving me with no BB. Note there was no one in and we were unaware work was to take place. ONT etc. had been installed 6 weeks ago but team were unable to pull fibre.

Called Helpline but OR unavailable so no progress.

Sun 16/10 Called Helpline again no real help although 4G MiniHub was ordered. Complaint referring to work and damage logged.

Mon 17/10 Nothing heard, promised call back didn't materialise. Complaint closed.

Tue 18/10 OR Fibre engineer unexpectedly arrived to complete install, took him around 4 hours, 3 green lights on ONT and solid orange light on SH2. Engineer claimed SH2 faulty, I called Helpline and replacement ordered. Subsequent investigation on my part showed tech log full of entries :- PPP:Sending PADI. Looks more like an upstream issue to me.

Wed 19/10 Follow up call for original BB issue, yet another SH2 ordered as first one not despatched.

4GMiniHub arrived so some level of service restored.

Fri 21/10 First replacement Hub arrived, same fault. In all cases I've factory reset the hubs, set FTTP mode on, checked and swapped cables etc. 

Complaint reopened with details of current fault, apparently it is being "worked on" promised call back hasn't happened.

Any ideas for progressing this? We're in a bit of an EE black hole so 4G performance is dire...

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Orange Light on SH2 New FTTP Install - Help required to progress

Go to solution

Are you dealing with the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 as they are people most likely to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
I'm attempting too, unfortunately the number seems to be permanently busy resulting in a divert to the normal Helpdesk. Thanks for the suggestion I will persevere for now...
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

remember BT and openreach are on strike today so probably why problem getting through to FTTP TEAM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
OR due to investigate today.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Following a visit from OR this has now been resolved as a software configuration problem, issue was duplicate "builds"  so hub was probably trying to authenicate in two places at once. Engineer was very thorough and spent considerable time getting the right person on the phone to resolve the problem. Thanks for advice....

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@martins321 

If you want to provide feedback, its always appreciated.

https://www.openreach.com/thank-an-engineer-form

0 Ratings