cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 33

Re: Ordered Full Fibre to premises, but no Smarthub2 offered

Go to solution

When was the property built ?…….a rough guide , housing up until the 1960’s , mainly overhead , I’m sure you would know if your house had a dropwire from a pole so probably not that , 1960s-1980’s pretty good chance it’s underground but not ducted , so excavating from the footpath to the house wall is required , this was up until recently a ‘new’ Openreach toby box outside the property ( done before you can order ) and a excavation to the house through the garden , but latterly no toby box and the excavation is from the joint box directly to the house wall , housing from 1990’s to date , already served by a underground duct .

Obviously there can be exceptions, the link provided should show how Openreach regard your address , it also shows if it’s a single stage or KCI2 ( 2 stage ) installation 

Message 12 of 33

Go to solution

@verkosh  Thank you for the link and @iniltous for the info, this is the result--

FTTP Install process - 1 stage

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

As a fibre priority exchange, FTTP has priority over other products if available at the address

Thank you very much for all the help to everyone who answered, I'll update the post in a couple of weeks!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 33

Go to solution
So your property apparently is already fully ducted , there is no reason to suspect this duct is not serviceable so barring any unforeseen issues ( like the duct is blocked ) a fibre cable can be installed alongside the existing copper cable with one install visit sufficient to get your FTTP provided.
Message 14 of 33

Go to solution

Did you sort your full fibre? What package and how are you.finding it?   Did you receive a smart hub?

Message 15 of 33

Go to solution

Another two weeks to wait!

I already have a Smarthub for my current package (50mb fibre to cabinet ) but I was not offered a Smarthub2. They are basically the same as far as I can tell ,but the Smarthub doesn’t have a phone socket… hence my original question. Hth🙂

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 33

Go to solution

@Mackab 

I'd imagine if they are moving you to digital voice and you dont already have a smart hub 2 they'd send one a few days before the installation.

If they havent said they will might be worth ringing customer services to say you'll need one

Message 17 of 33

Go to solution

@verkosh Thank you for the reply.

“We'll be in contact when it's time to switch over, with simple instructions on what to do when it's your turn to make the switch.“- from BT website FAQ

Digital Voice has never been mentioned in any of my phone calls with BT. I’ve never had letters, postcards, emails about Digital Voice.  Track My Order doesn’t mention Digital Voice.  I don’t think DV is being offered to me just yet  , they would have given me a bit of advance warning… I hope. 
I did ask about getting a SH2 when I was ordering the FullFibre but the agent told me there was “ no option to order one “ ?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 33

Go to solution

@Mackab 

Unless you have ordered broadband without a phone service, then you will be moved over to DV, and you will be sent a Smart Hub 2 as it has the phone socket on the back.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 33

Go to solution

In my case the ONT was placed where i wanted it and the master socket remained in situ, I did not transfer to digital voice, I expected that too but my phone is still on the old copper line for now.

Message 20 of 33

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

"Unless you have ordered broadband without a phone service, then you will be moved over to DV, and you will be sent a Smart Hub 2 as it has the phone socket on the back."

Yes, Keith, I'm sure I will be moved to DV in the future, I just don't want it to be a unannounced surprise in two weeks time when the Openreach engineer arrives to fit the Full Fibre, especially since I don't have-

A Smarthub 2 (I was told I would not get one)

Digital Voice phones

or a  DV phone adapter ( I tried the page where you put in your landline number. The reply is "The number entered is not eligible for this offer"

0 Ratings