cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 33

Re: Ordered Full Fibre to premises, but no Smarthub2 offered

Go to solution

@Mackab 

All new order or regrades will result in the move to Digital Voice. This was announced a while back.

Your existing phone can simply be plugged into the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2, you do not need the digital phones or the DV adapter.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 33

Go to solution

@stanian 

This answers my question at the start of the thread.

I would be happy enough if that was the outcome for me on installation day.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 33

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

Thank you for your answer, Keith, and the edit.

I get that you can simply plug your phone into the Smarthub 2,(which I don't have)  but you need the DV Adapter if you  don't want your base landline  phone to be where the SH2 is...

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 33

Go to solution
I also got numerous letters, postcards and emails telling me the date of the switchover to digital voice. A Smarthub 2 arrived about a day before the switchover date.
But then nothing happened - the switchover date came and went, and my phone line and broadband remained as they were.
After a couple of weeks I sought information from BT but found this could only be done via online Chat. On this, the agent said she couldn't update me because the switchover was in the hands of Openreach and she had no way to access that. But, she said I could raise a Complaint. I wasn't really complaining (my service was still running OK) I just wanted to know what the delay was and when switchover would actually take place. The agent insisted that all she could do was raise a complaint, so I said OK go ahead. Within 24 hours I had digital voice up and running and normal broadband service. I then got an email from BT saying they were investigating my complaint and then a few days later another one saying the problem was "failure to close my order" and they were in the process of resolving that - even though as far as I could tell my complaint had been resolved 24 hrs after I made it!
All's well that ends well, I guess, but BT's right hand doesn't seem to know what it's left hand is doing!
Message 25 of 33

Go to solution

@chrisjp  I’ve heard nothing from BT about switching to DV, so I’m hoping that when it eventually happens that I will have the courtesy of advance notice, like they say in all their blurb.

I didn’t want to put lots of details in my original question but it took three separate attempts to even order the Full Fibre   The first two people on the phone couldn’t get the system to process the order and the problem was passed to some “technical department “ who would investigate and call me back in a few days (they never did) 

Third time lucky… so far

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 33

Go to solution

@Mackab 

I'm suprised you arent being moved to digital voice with your order of full fibre 500.

Although the town im in hasn't moved to digital voice yet my house was moved over when I got Full Fibre 900

Message 27 of 33

Go to solution
Message 28 of 33

Go to solution

@verkosh 

"I'm surprised you aren't being moved to digital voice with your order of full fibre 500"

Thanks for the reply verkosh, I prefer to think of it as-

"I'm surprised you haven't been told by BT in any way, shape or form , by letter, postcard,  email  or phone conversation that you are being moved to digital voice with your order of full fibre 500"🙂

Let's wait and see if a long slim box drops through my letterbox in the days before the install. Who knows?

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 33

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

Thanks for that Keith, the OR links just confirm what you told me earlier, although I just can't believe BT would switch  me to DV with absolutely no advance notice whatsoever, or the necessary equipment.

Let's see what happens in the next two weeks.

It was strange seeing the guy who was still using the old Carousel?! dial handset. This was the first phone my family had when I was a nipper about a hundred years ago.

Thanks for the links

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 33

Go to solution

We don't have FTTP yet in this bit of London but it may come soon with Community Fibre (not BT) My sibling recent who is a BT landline only customer got FTTP recently via BT (not in London) and they took 3.5 hours putting it  in - they ran it over the telephone pole with the other over head cables to the house, then side of house, then side of fence then back into back garden and then back of house and into a room at the back to the position requested, best position.

(Whether that will be done for me when I am able to get it remains to be seen - I wish people could just get certainty - eg pay £100 extra for an initial vist where they can talk to the installer about where it will be placed and what is installed and then in writing on the day you have a binding contract which says it will be routed this route and both sides sign off on it and then they come back and do exactly that rather than having to order things blind. It is like ordering supermarket shopping without being told what foods will come

0 Ratings