cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Please could someone help me decipher these results from the checker

Go to solution

Hi all,

Hope you're well. Go easy on me as I'm fairly new to all of this and am trying to understand my internet options. For context: I'll be moving into a new apartment at the end of the month. It's a new build, approx less than two years old. Now, in terms of internet, Wifinity is included for free for all tenants. Just to clarify: this isn't student accommodation, either. I have no interest in using Wifinity, as I work from home and run a server, etc etc and prefer to have my own internet installation. Upon moving in (or ahead of time) I want to get FTTP internet sorted. I had a look on the open reach FTTP checker thing and it said it's available to me. I then went ahead and had a further look on the BT wholesale checker, with the following results:

WBC FTTP - Downstream line rate Up to 1000 - Upstream line rate up to 220 - Available - KCI2 Assure

VDSL Multicast - Available

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Multi Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues. ONT exists with no active service. A spare port is available. Network is at capacity so a new ONT cannot be ordered.

I don't really understand what this means. In laymen's terms, could anyone help me decipher whether or not this means I can indeed get FTTP internet installed? My apartment is on the higher floor of the block, but all the searches I've done on various providers say that they can install, but I'd really appreciate if someone could assist me in explaining what the above means, any foreseeable issues, or things I need to check ahead of time.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Please could someone help me decipher these results from the checker

Go to solution

According to that the property is already fibred for FTTP and has an ONT (optical modem) already installed.

You should simply be able to call and order your service.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I thought this would be the case, but the wording had me a touch confused on the checker. So, I presume I could then opt for any ISP that offers FTTP, so I'll probably go with BT

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

yes you can select any ISP that uses openreach and just place an order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I would be inclined to visit the property & check for an active ONT rather than just relying on the "system". It would seem a bit odd to install ONTs in every apartment & then install a WiFi system.

0 Ratings