cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Upgraded from Full Fibre 100 to Full Fibre 500. Download speed unchanged.

Go to solution

Hi, I upgraded my broadband package from Full Fibre 100 to Full Fibre 500. The upgrade switched over earlier today and whilst the download speeds are great and hitting the full 500Mb as advertised, the upload speeds have stayed exactly as they were when on the Fibre 100 package - consistently at 30Mb.

I have restarted the ONT and the BT Smarthub several times but sadly no change. The upload speeds are so consistent it looks like it has been capped from BT's end?

Is there anything I can do or would someone kindly be able to look into the problem further?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgraded from Full Fibre 100 to Full Fibre 500. Download speed unchanged.

Go to solution

did you try restarting your hub?  as upgrade was only affective from this morning give it a day or so to see if your up speed gets to expected level but if not then post back and see if mods can help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Upgraded from Full Fibre 100 to Full Fibre 500. Download speed unchanged.

Go to solution

Hi,

Thank you for the response. The upload did indeed increase later in the day. It is now running at 70Mbps upload so not far off the advertised 73Mbps.

Many thanks

0 Ratings