cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Pole Allocation Change for FTTP

What may seem to you like a simple change for Openreach , won’t be simple at all , and even if you could contact them about moving your address  record into this ‘PON’ area so you can get FTTP , it wouldn’t be considered …..when OR survey an area for FTTP , that PON area will have boundary’s, they pick up  all the property’s within the boundary, property’s outside that boundary are not included, and although it’s normally a natural boundary , you will occasionally get someone who can actually ‘see’ the new network is extremely close by and assume they must be able to connect to it , but the reality is, they cannot.
The way the OR network is dimensioned , if they bend the rules and served your address from outside its allocated but unbuilt  PON area, it would be at the expense of someone who is genuinely within the built PON area , and they couldn’t get service in the future .

It may seem pedantic if no one is currently on the new FTTP kit , and it’s unlikely that every address in that built PON will want to use OR network, but that’s the way it is.

OR wouldn’t bounce a dropwire off a streetlight to serve someone, it’s not allowed.

Message 12 of 19

Have you gone to the BT.com website to see what service are available to you? Is that from where you got the info about no plans for 2022?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Thanks for the responses everyone. Firstly, I wasn't being flippant about our local housing association tenants, many of whom are lovely people. I'm just pretty sure that in general a greater percentage of people not in rented/free accommodation will be more able and willing to pay for premium services. I don't know any statistics but I think it's a safe bet.

I emailed OR and they told me our road isn't projected to receive full fibre within the next 12 months. I just find it odd that every other road is done except for ours.

The pole behind our house has no one hooked up on fibre so it'll be interesting to see who takes the service.

At least we have Virgin.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

@nssimpson wrote:

Firstly, I wasn't being flippant about our local housing association tenants, many of whom are lovely people. I'm just pretty sure that in general a greater percentage of people not in rented/free accommodation will be more able and willing to pay for premium services. I don't know any statistics but I think it's a safe bet.

In hole stop digging.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Haha! Well I always manage to say non-PC things.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Just put a complaint in to Openreach.

There was a Retro Fit PON Built near me. Someone who lived round the corner whose house was built prior to 2000 moaned about it to the boss and he had the CE Team go out and route a Fibre Cable from the nearest CBT round the corner.

It’ll cause some confusion when they do build a PON on his Street but hey ho, who gives a ****

Message 17 of 19

What's the best way to raise a complaint? I've tried making contact using their regular email but the responses have been very unhelpful.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Follow Starwire's advice and email his boss.  His email address is on line.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Then you’re Complaining to the wrong people.

I can’t give you all the answers, merely guide you.