cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Pre Install Survey

Is it possible to order via BT an Openreach survey prior to FTTP installation (happy to pay for that).

My concern is that I need ideally to locate the ONT and router in my study which is where the Ethernet switches and other network tails are located, however I can see that OR will have some difficulties with this as the only sensible route is through the loft and drop down into the study which is what the copper pair and the ethernet cables do. Unfortunately that is a 25m run only half of which is boarded and OR do not allow installers to work in unboarded lofts.

If I were to wait for the scheduled install date then BT will have scheduled a cease order on my FTTC and it may not be possible to undo that before it takes effect and, since we are in a Stop Sell area it would not be possible to reinstate it.

Hence my question.

Thanks for your advice.

Peter

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Pre Install Survey

why don't you just run a draw string from where you expect the fibre cable to enter your eves/loft and that is easily accessible for fitter and to the place where you would like ONT fitted.  That way no problem with unfloored loft and easy for fitter to just attach fibre to draw string and pull through

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks @imjolly.  Presumably inside some conduit to guide it to the destination.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

some form of conduit would be helpful and ensure no snags just no sharp angles

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings