cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Problem with fibre cable connecting telephone pole and rear of property

Go to solution

Hi, I recently had full fibre installed on 16 Sept.  I am concerned about the fibre cable slung between the telephone pole at the rear of my property over to the house wall.  There is a lot of slack in the cable and it has been blown about today in the gales and I am concerned that it will be damaged.  There have been similar connections over the last week to properties in the vicinity and the cable is more taut. Who do I contact for advice as to whether the cable needs to be tightened?  thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problem with fibre cable connecting telephone pole and rear of property

Go to solution

Openreach are responsible for the installation of the cable but unless you think it is dangerous it is unlikely openreach will do anything until there is damage to the cable.  You would then report the lack of internet to your ISP who would get openreach out to fix the cable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. I thought it would be the case that BT Openreach would not react to the problem. As a matter of interest the BT Openreach who installed the Full Fibre said that his mobile number was on their last email and to contact him if there was any issues. I have contacted him both on Whatsapp and Messages but without success.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

it is no longer BT openreach it is just openreach.   you just need to watch and if it ever gets dangerous then contact BT your ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Perhaps contact Openreach directly using this page - https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/when-to-get-in-touch-with-openreach

Looks like you have to sadly talk to their "digital Assistant" EiVA.

0 Ratings