cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Problems will all things BT

Hi

This morning I had problems with all things BT.

First I could not access my BT Webmail getting a message about my user name and password.

I then tried MyBT with the same results.

On trying the BT app on my phone I got a message that there was no account attached to the app

Then the final thing was that my Full fibre broadband had no internet,

The Hub light showed normal operation and the Hub Manager showed broadband as connected and the Openreach box had the normal lights.

My Digital Voice phone was not connecting and played a message on how to contact BT if you had a mobile.

As I had to go out I left  things at that point.

On returning everything was OK but the Email and MyBT had messages about possible problems.

I can understand the email and MyBT problems but wonder what caused the Broadband problem?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problems will all things BT

Hi @iggyb welcome to the community and thanks for posting, there was an email/MyBT outage this morning which affected everyone and this has since been resolved but it didn't affect broadband.

It's probably just a coincidence that you also experienced issues with your internet at the same time but it is strange that the lights on your Hub and Openreach ONT were normal. Keep an eye on that and if you notice it again post back to let us know.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thank for the information.

I will keep an eye on the broadband which has worked well since it was installed nearly a year ago.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi looking at the Event Log there was a System Reset during the time I lost internet.

The message is 'System restart, reason: SAAF'

This must have completed before I looked at the Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @iggyb,

That sounds like the Smart Hub 2 went through a soft reset (SAAF) otherwise known as a warm reset. This can be for improving the performing of your Smart Hub or it could be for Dynamic Line Management (DLM). DLM is a system that we use to monitor and control the stability and speed of your connection. That can happen every couple of weeks but it generally shouldn't affect much as we try to do it in the early hours of the morning. 

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

This seems to happen about every 14 days usually when I am not using the internet.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

That would be right @iggyb.

For the majority of our Customers it will happen every 14 days.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings