Message 11 of 16

Re: Qubegb bt home tech expert

Go to solution

Sorry what does "internal" and "external" mean here exactly? thanks

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Internal, inside the house, ie your router socket etc, external, outside the house, up a pole etc

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Inside your house or outside of your house

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks everyone for replies. Quick update on my fixed fault and a general question about tech info on BT and Openreach networks:

1. Didnt sound like the Qubegb tech would have been the right person to fix my fault so was happy it was resolved before and could type "ABORT" the appointment to the Bot via text (which also worked well! )

2. I have an FTTP connection and decided to power reset my Openstream ONT and within 30 secs of it coming back up the Hub2/Router went from Orange to Blue and everything started working. Looks like that fixed it ...but..

3. Few minutes laterI noticed an Openreach contract team working on "my" pole just down the street, turns out they had phoned in a fault an hour before on a new install to a neighbour and that had recently started working too. So who knows if it was my reset or more likely the Openreach network operations action that really fixed it ? Anyway both are working - fingers still crossed!

Background concern - my install of FTTP was the first on this fibre splitter and was very problematic - turned out my area had been provisioned "in a hurry" by another contract company and all of the patching at the Openreach optical splitter was wrong and didnt match the documentation.  So can I expect issues every time a new customer is added? If physical reality and network documentation is still conflicting? 

Final question does anyone have a link to docs that cover the protocols and addressing scheme used by the Openstream ONT box and the network side (over the ethernet connection) on the Hub2? A quick google search only gave overview stuff and a tech description dated 2016 - expect its changed since then?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

@Daberry2 wrote:

Final question does anyone have a link to docs that cover the protocols and addressing scheme used by the Openstream ONT box and the network side (over the ethernet connection) on the Hub2? A quick google search only gave overview stuff and a tech description dated 2016 - expect its changed since then?

No idea what you mean by that. The ONT is purely an optical modem, the link from the ONT to the Hub is just Ethernet. The ONT is not user accessible. The PPPoE session is performed by the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Thank you so much, even when you dont understand you still give an answer!

0 Ratings