cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Question about ONT's

Go to solution

Hi, I've been doing some research ready for when FTTP is finally available in my area and would love to ask a few of you a couple questions i can't seem to find the answer to on google.

1) When getting a ONT installed is it possible to choose how many ports? e.g a 4 port ?

2) Can a multi port ONT can assign more than one ISP ? i think like port 1 is BT for example and idk port 2 is a different provider for example?

Sorry for asking probably insanely easy to find questions but i'm just extremely curious, As i would like to have a FTTP connection for myself and another FTTP connect for the rest of my family.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Question about ONT's

Go to solution

In theory, it is possible to have multiple providers via a multi port ONT. However, how easy that is in practice is a moot point.

There are certainly people that have posted on the Kitz forum that they have more than one provider via a multi port ONT.

Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

I think you would find if on the wholesale checker if it says a single port ONT can be ordered, that is what will be fitted, if at some point you can get an ISP to order a second service without mistakenly taking over the existing service, then ( provided the order is raised correctly ) then the single port ONT should be replaced with a four port one, but simply requesting the tech fits a four port one will not be successful.
Port numbers are not assigned to ISP’s , whoever the first service is with will be on port one, the second on port two etc, that is if you can get two services ordered, as already advised,  this may be easier said than done .

Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

First off, Thank you both for the information / help!

Just brainstorming a few things before i get it to be available in my area, Hopefully it's possible to get the four port ONT at my address, Thanks for the help you guys 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

What is the reason for you wanting a 4 port ONT?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

having two FTTP ISP's at the same address and as far as i know the one port ONT's can't do that right?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

@pippincp See message 1

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Seems pointless to me.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Must admit 900M should be far more than enough for one household, but hey ho!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

@pippincp Not pointless when people are downloading non stop lol

0 Ratings