cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Really slow speed after upgrade

I upgraded my broadband from 500 to 900. My activation day was today. My speed has been really bad as low as 30 on the download even in wired connections.

Before I was getting my max speed 

Spoke with bt they want to send an engineer out 

On my order tracker its still a grey circle not a green tick so is the upgrade still in progress? Do you have to wait a couple of days like  ive seen on some threads? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Really slow speed after upgrade

Hi @Fordy86, welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. 

You' shouldn't have to wait for your download speeds to settle on full fibre. 
Has the order completed? Log into your MyBT and check.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

The order is now green tick and complete, I've rebooted my router and the incoming box but it's still the same. Wireless is fluctuating between 80 and 200. Wired is 240.

Before the upgrade my wired pc was getting 499.09mbps
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Fordy86, thanks for replying. Did the full fibre team book an engineering appointment for you?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I've got an engineer for the "expert visit to optimize speed" Monday. The advisor on chat said they would look into the speed issue.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Fordy86, post back and update us after the engineer visit. Hopefully the cause can be found and fixed by their visit.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi John

A small update here.. see picture

Well I managed to get my wired device up to 900mbps simply by changing which port the lan cable went too on the back of the hub. 

However within an hour the speed dropped again so I put the cable back into the port it was in previous and back up to 900mbps but the speed soon dropped off. 

I have tried a different cables

(cat6 rated to both the box on the wall and hub to device) to see if that's the issue but still the same. I've tried my laptop and get similar results.

Do you think it may be a faulty hub I have? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Screenshot_20221211_130736_Gallery.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

you need to use the camera icon to upload photo/pic

how to upload photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings