cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Recently cancelled cable, neighbours have fast fibre speeds I can’t get

Go to solution

My sister wanted to move away from cable after the best part of 20 years and has been looking at getting BT broadband. Despite living in a house that definitely had a regular landline in the past, when trying to sign up she’s only being offered ADSL speeds: she has next door neighbours with fibre broadband from the same cabinet as hers that are over 20x quicker than the minimum guarantee.

I attached a screenshot from the wholesale broadband checker and was hoping there might be a knowledgeable soul on here that can advise if I’m misunderstanding or missing something and would be grateful for any assistance as to the best way to sort this out please. Thanks in advance!

87AE6E14-A6C9-439A-B38E-C8F154C194E5.jpeg

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Recently cancelled cable, neighbours have fast fibre speeds I can’t get

Go to solution

You are missing the right hand side of the checker result. It will either say waiting list or available. If waiting list then the cab is full and no VDSL ports are available unless someone gives up thier connection..

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

8A6250A8-8274-42CC-A868-57EE9A84EEBE.jpeg

That was quick, thank you! I cropped as it was too big, typical that I cropped the bit people needed to see.  It does say ‘waiting list’: so is that it then?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Yes you cannot get FTTC as there is a waiting list so just keep checking and when you see available then phone up and place order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.