cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Removal of BT Fibre ONT?

Go to solution

I’m considering leaving BT and switching to another supplier. They provide their own fibre to the property and will install their own ONT. Will BT remove their ONT and legacy copper wire phone ports if I cancel my contract with them?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Removal of BT Fibre ONT?

Go to solution

the ONT is property of openreach and very much doubt it will be removed if you move to another supplier 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
As a matter of interest, which ISP are you considering?
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi guys and thanks all for posting.

Just a reminder. As per the Community Guidelines  'The BTCare Community Forums are intended for the discussion of issues related to BT products and services. Please do not post material about competing services and products from other providers.'

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I will make some enquiries to BT directly and report back what they say. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

The Openreach ONT won’t be removed if you change to another provider that doesn’t use Openreach products , which makes sense , you may at some point want to switch back to BT , or want to use another provider that does use the Openreach network , or you could move out and the new occupant wants to use the OR connection, all that would happen is the service would  be remotely disabled, physically nothing at your end changes, obviously if you wanted to unplug the ONT and remove the BT  router that’s up to you, if you have a relatively new service with BT , you could be asked to return the  BT equipment anyway , but not the ONT , that’s OR’s property not yours or BT’s.

If you do use another network provider  , the alternative network engineer that installs their service should not touch Openreach property.