cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Rubbish Service from BT

I have already explained this to BT and it seems the answer is a £30 voucher to buy data. Guess what it only buys 8gb of data which for anyone working from home and having to download files is really nothing. It is the lack of urgency on the part of BT to give Openreach a rocket to sort out what their engineer says is a 5 minute job that is really galling. Surely someone should be able make this fix a priority 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

We both work from home and also run an online business where you need to be able to go online frequently 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Openreach are not allowed to give BT Retail any priority over other providers. As the issue is now in the hands of Openreach, they will deal whenever they can, depending on how busy they are.

Any compensation for delayed activation is explained here.

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation

As for the way you are using the service, you may like to read the residential T&Cs to see if this describes your usage.

6. How you can use the service

a. Each service is just for you and your household for personal use (meaning that it should not be used for any trade, business or profession). You're responsible for how each service and the loaned equipment are used.

11. When we may restrict, suspend or end a service

xii. You use a service for any trade, business or profession.

15.  What we're not responsible for and limits on our liability

iii. Any loss you suffer caused by you using a service in a way that breaks the agreement.
iv. Any commercial or businesses loss.

Message 14 of 19

You are paying Ford prices for a residential service, you can't expect Rolls Royce service.

If you want a better SLA, you need a business service.

Message 15 of 19

@dboowrote:

Surely someone should be able make this fix a priority 

If your business is important to you, consider taking a package that gives you the service level agreements needed, a business account includes compensation for losses, a residential account is provided for personal use.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

@rbz5416wrote:

Why BT can't implement the requirement to confirm that the new service is up & running before merrily pulling the plug on the old one is beyond my comprehension.

It would help, to the systems including BT and suppliers, it's 2 orders when people switch or change technology, 1 to stop the service, 1 to provide the service.
If the start fails for whatever reason the stop can still go through.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

You are missing the point. I have paid for service, whether personal or business that I am not getting. Everything more or less relies on broadband - cctv, alarm, sky, Netflix, music system etc. None of these has been available for nearly a week with no indication when it will be resolved. Kids on holiday totally bored with nothing much to do without broadband. Meanwhile I am using spare data on sky mobile so my wife and I can work from home. I am not expecting a rolls Royce service, just expecting to be treated with some semblance of priority where BT switched off my broadband and have failed to complete the upgrade. Is it too much to ask that BT reach out to Openreach to prioritise fixing what is the fault of Openreach? I am simply been told to wait for it to be fixed, no idea whether that is in1 week, 1 month or 3 months? 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

As this is just a customer to customer help forum, there is nothing anyone here can do to speed things up.

I assume you are moving from an FTTC (copper) connection, to an FTTP (fibre) connection, and the ONT (optical modem) has already been fitted, and you are just waiting for the fibre connection from the splitter on the pole, to be run from that point, to the ONT, via the outside of the house?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

I am amazed that they removed the VDSL connection before the FTTP connection was up! In my case, there was a problem with my FTTP install, which took 3 weeks to resolve, but my original connection stayed active throughout.

0 Ratings