cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Service Status.. Without Landline?

My internet has now been down for over 24 hours, an issue I believe has been caused by the storm yesterday.

Unfortunately I am unable to use the BT Service Status page because I don't have a landline number as I am on a full fibre package. I contacted support who said they'd logged my fault, but also weren't able to provide me with any kind of tracking. I also can't track the fault through my account because apparently the fault is too big for that.

How can I check the service status in my area without having a landline number? All I want to do is see what's going on and see updates on them fixing it.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Service Status.. Without Landline?

Just enter any local number that you know, or a local business number.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

The last update by Openreach for repairs was at 3.00pm yesterday.  There's very little information Re the storm.

Next update will be Monday at 9.00am.

storm.png

It just carries on like this.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Doesn't give much confidence when they can't even spell Storm let alone Eunice!! 😄

Message 5 of 9

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for the responses guys!

Using another local phone number actually didn't find any faults on the service status page, but when I go through the troubleshooting online it tells me there's "maintenance".

I gave up and contacted BT support on live chat again and although they couldn't give me any ETAs, they did tell me the issue was in the exchange. I'm in the Colchester area and the exchange is pretty big I think, so hoping it'll be fixed soon!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

If you post your exchange I can check with Openreach tomorrow morning if it is storm related and expected fix date.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Thanks, that would be awesome as it's still down unfortunately!

I believe I'm connected to the exchange 'EACOL' in Colchester

Bit of a nightmare atm because both me and my partner work from home, 4g just doesn't cut it around here!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I'll have a look in the morning and let you know if it's an Openreach issue.

0 Ratings