cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 36

Re: Slow Fibre 1 Issue

@rbz5416 wrote:

The cab looks to be around the golf club, or at least that's the centre of the postcode.

@imjolly 

I believe that's distance is to the exchange not the cab.

your correct but as crow flies 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 36

@p2018bwrote:

She's on a Fibre 1 account but regularly gets only 17 Mbps download on wi-fi and, when plugged in directly to the router only gets around 7 Mbps.

That's odd - 17mbs via WiFi and 7mbs ethernet connected. Well, I believe it is. More often than not, depending upon the location of the hub and the device being used (iPadm iPhone, Laptop etc), ethernet and WiFi speeds should be similar.

Perhaps one of the forum experts may be able to suggest why.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 36

Have finally had a chance to get back to M-i-L’s place to start looking at the speed issue. When I checked the master socket, I found this: it appears that an engineer has wired the socket via the from of the fitting, the result of which is that the middle section cannot sit flush against back section, and the front plate cannot fit snuggly into the box.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 36

Will have to reduce the size of the images so that I can post them.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 36

Sounds odd, does she have extensions? Did you take a pic?

Edit: Missed the second post! That 330k limit makes most images useless on a 4k laptop.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 36

BT1.jpegBT2.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 36

That is incorrectly wired, if that is the incoming line. I am surprised it works at all.

This is the correct way https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/helpandsupport/how-toguides/howtoguides/downloads/NTE5C_Instru...

The incoming line should be wired to the back plate.

It may be that those wires showing are going to an extension socket, which would be from the filtered part of the socket.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 36

How should it be wired?

I would have expected the cable in to have entered either the side or the back of the box, and then come through the middle before being connected...

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 36

See my edited message.

Is there an extension socket fitted in the house?

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 36

As per my previous post, I can't really see anything meaningful on such a small image. But what you're showing is the terminals for extension wiring. So again, does she have extensions & if so, does she use them?

If you unscrew the plate the incoming wires should be on a similar red terminal block on the back.

0 Ratings