cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Slow upload speed on FTTP

Go to solution

Hello!

I seem to be having an issue with my upload speed on my new 900Mbps connection. It's stuck on the old 500Mbps upload speed. The same thing happened when i moved from FTTC to FTTP and after some pushing I got through to sosmone who was able to fix it and explained it was  a profile issue. I'm not having much luck this time with customer services. They are saying they have never heard of profile/hub issues slowing my upload speed and that I'm getting more than 10Mbps so it's fine - I'm getting around 65 - 70Mbps instea dof 110Mbps.

I had a home tech expert visit who just did a speed test and then my fault was marked fixed, when it isn't. I was on to CS for over an hour last night until the call 'dropped' and they didn't call me back.

I've seen numerous posts about this and maybe a mod can help? I've tried factory resetting my hub  a few times with no improvement.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Slow upload speed on FTTP

Go to solution

This should rectify within 72 hrs (Max) of install. If it doesn't then post back and the mods will sort it out for you. Do NOT factory reset the hub while waiting.

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

I should have mentioned but I had it upgraded a couple weeks ago with no improvement. 😞

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Then a mod will probibly be along sometime tomorrow to ask for your details.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @GamingPreferred, thanks for posting and sorry you not getting the upload you expected.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you fix this. In the meantime the advice from @pippincp is good so leave your hub connected and don't try any more restarts.

Cheers

John

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks @JohnC2 and @pippincp I have the PM and I'll reply when I have all the details.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Just an updated the mods managed to fix the upload and I'm now uploading at 115Mbps!

Just wanted to say thanks for sorting. 🙂

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi

Sorry to jump on your thread but the exact same is happening to me now

Was on F500 with 70 up. Upgraded to 900 and supposed to get 110 up. 

Upgraded overnight and downloads to hub are 920ish and uploads stuck at 70.

This happened in the past when i was with BT before (left for a bit and came back in June) and it was a profile issue

Rang FTTP who said order needs to fully complete before the uploads increase and that should have been completed yesterday and still getting 70 up

Rang someone else who refused to acknowledge there was a problem as the minimum is 10mb and getting 70 so wouldnt look into it even though paying for 110? I hung up on him and kept ringing me back to say that he wanted to sort but he just kept on repeating the same on 'you're getting above 10' line

Please can a mod look into this for me? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Did you not read message 2?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Just spotted it now