cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Smart hub turning on then flashing amber and purple then going blue again

I’m hoping someone can help me, 

I’ve been with BT just over a month and honestly I’m starting to just get the complete hump with them, from them taking a month and a bit to send out my box, to them taking even longer to send out an engineer and now this! 

I noticed that my wifi has been ridiculously slow since I got it we’re talking can’t use my phone due to how slow it is, so I checked the speed VIA the app and it said basically that a reset of the box would be what it could need and they’d send a text to make sure it’s on ETC. however now it’s just flashing the same colours as it was before I had the engineer out and honestly it’s beginning to get quite irritating as I just want to watch some telly but I can’t even do that at the moment due to it being through wifi, any advice on what to do? 

I'm not entirely sure if this will help but the engineer when he came out and installed the socket he hasn’t actually installed it into the wall he seems to have just double sided taped it to the wall which lasted about as long as a chocolate tea pot and is now just loosely hanging by the wires. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Smart hub turning on then flashing amber and purple then going blue again

Did you try a factory reset as opposed to just interrupting the power? There's a pinhole at the back for reset, hold it in for at least 5 seconds

How do I reset my BT Hub to its factory settings | BT Help

What do the lights on my BT Hub mean? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Smart hub turning on then flashing amber and purple then going blue again

Hi @Bradley01 and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're having a few problems. Have you tried the advice posted by @Les-Gibson . 

You've mentioned the socket is hanging off. Can you post a picture of that?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings