cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

SmartHub 2 Sent and Return??

Hey Folks, A bit confusing this one. 

I got an email a couple of weeks back letting me know that my new SmartHub2 would be getting sent shortly. I never ordered one. This was followed by email updates letting me know it had shipped and detailing a delivery time. It eventually arrived a couple of days ago. Still slightly confused as to why I had been sent it, I've put it on the shelf on top of the other, still in the box, SmartHub2 I got given during installation. I use my own equipment so have no need for either of them.
Yesterday I have been sent another email informing me that I need to return my kit or face a £50 fine. What kit? The new one or the old one? This whole debacle seems like a massive waste of time and expense on BTs part. Can anybody shed any light?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: SmartHub 2 Sent and Return??

Are you being moved to Digital Voice? DV will only work with the Smart Hub2

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Not that I've been told. And like I said, I already had a SmartHub2. I hope I don't get moved to DV, I don't want to use a SmartHub2 😞

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Just return the original one. As to digital voice although the roll out is presently on hold you will eventually be switched over to it.

Your only other alternative will be another VoIP provider as the copper liine phone service is being retired by Openreach by 2025.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Roger that. And that'll be the day I ditch my landline 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

In the same position. If you log into your BT account, there is link which mentions returning equipment and if you click it, it will give you the serial number they are expecting back, which will be your original SH2.  So mine is in the post back to them today.

0 Ratings