cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Switching to a fibre plan

Go to solution

I'm currently on Broadband Unlimited, thinking of switching to Unlimited Fibre Essential Plan, will they have to do any rewiring/work on my flat? I'm wondering because it says 'Fibre'. It's just if it does require any work I have to get permission from the council.

TIA

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Switching to a fibre plan

Go to solution

@dystuk 

If it's a fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) based fibre product then it will reuse your existing copper line.

If it says full fibre then it's Fibre to the property where new fibre optic drop wire is brought into the property and a small box called an ONT is installed inside with another small box called a customer service point is installed outside too. Here you may need approval from the council or owner of the property.

If you're not sure which you'll have then go to https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome and post the results for your address (retract the address before posting)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, I'm not sure which it is.  The download speed is 35-36 Mb though, does that indicate which it is?

Here are the results for my address:

bt broadband 5.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@dystuk 

So yes it will be FTTC based meaning your existing copper line will be used between the property and the cabinet

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, that's great!

0 Ratings