cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Two Decades of Decline: A Tale of BT's Stock Dips and the Sales Manager's Long Stand

BT Community truly is a great place to connect with BT users and shareholders, keeping them informed about the latest developments within the company. We were experiencing sudden internet slowdowns, from our usual 20mb down to just 1mb. I contacted the BT technical support, but for reasons I didn't understand, my call was transferred to the sales team. They suggested that a £50 hybrid setup could resolve my issue, assuring me that an engineer would guarantee the speed. However, I was looking for a lower ping, and since the hybrid solution operates over 4G, I had doubts about its speed. They guaranteed it would work and if it didn't, they would provide a free upgrade or cancellation. Ideally, if BT could handle the issue, it shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. Of course, the issue remained unresolved.

Upon contacting the technical support again, I was again transferred to the sales team, this time to the manager. He assured me of a 2mb speed, but we weren't even achieving that. He stated that he had been with BT for twenty years and had never heard of a free upgrade. I told him that this was what his colleague had told me, and he then insisted that I had signed a new contract with a guaranteed speed of 2mb. At that moment, I felt like I was being scammed into signing a more expensive contract with a reduced guaranteed speed. I expressed my dissatisfaction and threatened to contact their CEO. He responded saying I could contact anyone I wanted, but within BT, sufficient fees must be paid to receive adequate service.

Therefore, as a minor shareholder, I will gather all relevant information to understand how BT has operated over the past twenty years that led to its low stock price. Of course, I'm not implying that the sales manager, who has been there for twenty years, is the main cause. There must be multiple factors at play. But I plan to question the CEO at the shareholders' meeting.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Two Decades of Decline: A Tale of BT's Stock Dips and the Sales Manager's Long Stand

Hi @aristcc

Thanks for post and welcome back!  It's good to see you again.

I am sorry for the broadband service problems you're experiencing recently.  We'll be able to have a look at make sure you're getting the most out of your broadband speed.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings