cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Can't order FTTP - BT Database Issue

We currently have:

• FTTC (with BT)
  • FTTP (Openreach fibre with Cerberus. FTTPoD, now out of contract)

Openreach checker says we can have FTTP - as we do (Available now, ultrafast full fibre).

BT Wholesale address checker says we can have WBC FTTP (available, 1-stage), again, as we have with Cerberus.

BT Retail website (not logged in) says we can have FTTP ("Full Fibre") at our address.

Logged in to our BT account, MyBT, upgrade broadband only gives FTTC options. Phoning BT Retail doesn't help, they can only sell us FTTC and say FTTP isn't available.  After many phone calls the best I have had is a promise to raise an ORDI (twice), but that was two weeks ago.

Any ideas how to fix this so we can migrate our FTTC connection to FTTP (ie, changing from Cerberus to BT) ?

thanks,

Chris

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Can't order FTTP - BT Database Issue

Give the FTTP team a ring 0800 587 4787  if you get passed on to normal CS hang up and try again.

Message 3 of 14

@pippincpThanks, I have tried the FTTP team number (unsuccessfully, just got CS) but I'll be more persistent. Is there any time of day that the FTTP team might be less busy, or is it just luck ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Obviously not peak times but generally pot luck

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 14

Is your FTTC currently under contract with BT - if you are out of contract you might be better off terminating the FTTC (ideal time to port out your phone number to a VOIP provider) and then once you just have the FTTP connection move that to BT as a new customer - you might qualify for a better offer.

Message 6 of 14

Hi @NotADog and thanks for posting.

Did you manage to get through to the FTTP team? Were they able to help?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Hi @DavidM ,

No, not after 18 attempts. I'll try tomorrow evening and see if I have more luck. Keep getting CS.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Thanks for the reply @NotADog .

Let me know how you get on this time.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

@DavidM @brookheather @imjolly @pippincp 

Thank you all for your help. In the end after many attempts to talk to the Fibre Team I tried option 1 again, and ended up talking to Peter (there are probably many Peters) in the Value Team.

He had come across this problem before, and it is something to do with subtle differences in the account address from the time when broadband never existed and all we had was a phone line (1970's), and the spelling of the address used by Openreach for FTTP (which is actually the correct spelling). Seems that the address needs the same capitalisation as well as the same spelling. The fix is then to do a home move (working line takeover) from the 'old' address to the 'new' address (both the same physical house). Seems to have worked (I have an open order, and the ONT serial number lines up with the actual ONT) but I will only be sure if the order stays open to the 22nd when the takeover should happen.

This is keeping the existing landline number and an associated BT email address, the landline moving to VOIP (digital Voice).

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Hi @NotADog, thanks for the update and do keep the thread updated. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings