cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Unable to order Gfast

Hi everyone 

I’m having some issues with ordering Gfast. I’m currently on FTTC getting max speeds possible. So when I checked online that Gfast was available back end of January. I could select Fibre 100 at 39.99 a month on the BT website, but going through the order process online. It then said not available. Just to be clear I'm not in a full fibre area. So I phoned up spoke to CS in the value team who then put me on the connection team. The advisor in the connection team could place a new order for a new customer but it wouldn’t allow them to upgrade me as an existing customer. So they sent some information of to an offline team that correct database issues or account issues, as I was told it was something to do with BT system, why an order couldn’t be placed. So moving on to the 8th February I get a call back from the advisor telling me everything was corrected and now BT are now in a position to go ahead with the upgrade order. Everything went through ok got emails txt’s etc. My package upgrade was meant to be 17th Feb, but on the morning I checked my order and it was still showing as pending. So I phoned up at 12pm, as the engineer was booked between 7am-9am but like I said showed as pending and the advisor in the value team looked over my account, and just blatantly told me the speed are not available. He cancelled the order their and then and put me through to another department to place another new order. By this time I felt like smashing my head against a wall as was going round in circles. The advisor on the 17th said he had to do some checks (same as the other advisor did on the 8th) so now I’m in a complete loop. I’ve come to the forum as I was told I would get a callback today between 1-1:30pm but nothing at all. This whole situation is so tiring, all I wanna do is upgrade my broadband. I've posted some screenshots of what's available at my address and what I see on the Openreach website and wholesale checker.

Many Thanks Michael

IMG_2607.jpeg

IMG_2608.jpeg

IMG_2609.jpegIMG_2610.jpeg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to order Gfast

have you tried phoning the FTTP TEAM who also deal with Gfast 08005874787?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I think you will find that its no longer possible to order, as Openreach are concentrating on FTTP provision.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Oh right it does seem a bit strange. I had an Openreach visit just before Christmas as a 3rd party engineer cut our service off and we had to have a brand new line connected. I was told by a engineer when he came to our home. That he installed a Gfast customer about 3 doors up and is definitely available to order on our cab. I’ll give the FTTP team a ring see if that works out. But if Gfast isn’t being installed anymore by Openreach, then surly BT would have already told me that before placing a order on 8th Feb. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Its possible that BT Retail are still accepting orders, but other providers no longer offer it. It does involve an Openreach visit to upgrade the NTE.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

So just an update on the complete nightmare upgrading to GFast. So after 3 failed orders I’m now on GFast as last. Was connected last week, speeds of 148Mbps DL 26Mbps UL wasn’t easy getting to this but I’m glad I stuck to my guns. Still within the 10 days settling in period but well happy with the speeds so far.

Product code:Smart Hub 2

Serial number:+091298+2027008209

Firmware version:v0.31.00.10253-BT

Firmware updated:Wed Feb 2 11:04:46 2022

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.74 12_11_2020

DSL uptime:5 days,10 Hours01 Mins32 Secs

Data rate:26.913 Mbps / 159.009 Mbps

Maximum data rate:27.137 Mbps / 192.307 Mbps

Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode:Off

Noise margin:3.1 / 5.9

Line attenuation:0.0 / 37.5

Signal attenuation:0.0 / 37.5

VLAN id:101

Upstream error control:Off

Downstream error control:Off

Data sent / received:24.0 GB Uploaded / 281.8 GB Downloaded

Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:Activated

2.4 GHz wireless network name:BT-ZJAJRW

2.4 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel1)

5 GHz wireless network name:BT-ZJAJRW

5 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel36)

0 Ratings