cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Underground Fibre Broadband Cable

Go to solution
Hi Andy. I’m going through the same scenario !
I have sent over a copy of what was said in this conversation.
Would you be able to tell me where this happened as that’s what I have been asked to provide? Or a reference ? Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution
Hi Andy. Really need your help can you provide me with the location this happened or a reference? I have just struck a cable probably not much deeper than 50mm and openreach are trying to make me pay for it ! No ducting no sand no warning tape !! I’d really appreciate your help.
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

@robbo6Did you use the link in message 6 to contact Openreach?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Hi Robbo,

the post code of the property is ME17 3NR - near Maidstone Kent.

I refused to allow connection of the fiber cable until they agreed to bury at least 300mm deep as per Open Reach guidance, rather than do this they came up with the comprise of them accepting responsibility for damage. They confirmed this by email ............ I will look up the email and copy it onto here

Andy

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Please delete the email as it contains personal information. Send it via PM if you must.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks so much 👍
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

I have the same problem. The cable is about 100mm under a lawn and about 50mm under a flower border which is regularly dug. The problem is made worse by the fact that openreach give no notice before they come to do the work and start the dig, even when there is someone in the house.  In my case they had to smash the duct at the branch to be able to pull the cable and then backfilled the hole without making good the large hole in the duct. A gang of cowboys.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Absolute cowboys and liars. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution
You'll have to take your concerns and potential complaints up with Openreach directly no comments made here will reach OR.

Sadly it appears that laying cables in general is a lost art and people cut corners to avoid digging the extra couple of inches. But all these standard do not necessarily apply within private properties only the public highway and even then not always followed to the letter.
0 Ratings