cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Upgrade to HALO3+ Full fibre

Hi

I’m confused, we are in process of upgrading from HALO 2 to HALO3+ with Full Fibre and have just received the Hybrid connect. I’ve also had an email from BT saying a returns bag is on its way for me to return my Smart Hub 2 but surely this is wrong as we still need the Smart Hub after the full fibre upgrade which is due next month.  Can anybody throw some light on this?

thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgrade to HALO3+ Full fibre

Yes you will still need the Hub2, no idea why you need Halo 3+ though. With full fibre, you are extremely unlikely to experience any outages.

You may possibly receive a replacement SH2 which would account for the returns bag, who knows how BT's bizarre systems operate.

Give customer services a call and ask them why it has been sent 0800 800150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

BT offered Halo 3 + at the same price as our current (but soon expiring) deal so I thought why not got for it!
Message 4 of 6

Really Halo 3+ is for customers who are still either on ADSL or VDSL connections and mainly for those areas that will be upgraded to FTTP soon, hence why it includes a free upgrade to FTTP when it's available in your area, this is why you've been asked to return the Hub, just ignore that part.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@6412 wrote:
BT offered Halo 3 + at the same price as our current (but soon expiring) deal so I thought why not got for it!

Fair enough

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Checked2013wrote:

Really Halo 3+ is for customers who are still either on ADSL or VDSL connections and mainly for those areas that will be upgraded to FTTP soon, hence why it includes a free upgrade to FTTP when it's available in your area, this is why you've been asked to return the Hub, just ignore that part.

No, Halo3+ is there for anyone who wants everything, the keep connected promise, it includes Complete Wi-Fi, no out of contract increase, double data and more, things an FTTP customer can take advantage of.

The free FTTP upgrade applies to FF100 only, some FTTP customers want faster.

Returning the Smart Hub 2 is a mystery though, you need that for Hybrid connect and Complete Wi-Fi, you should receive a cable to swap from FTTC to FTTP and use the existing SH2.

0 Ratings