cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Upgraded from Fibre1 to Fibre2 and no difference

Go to solution

Hi

My Fibre2 upgrade went live at the beginning of this week. So far, I haven't seen any improvement in upload or download speed.

The last person I spoke to said I had 52Mb on the line,  which was a good speed and that was all I could expect. They may be right, but I thought I'd check what folks on here thought. A 'good speed' is relative to what you pay for it.

BT sent a home tech expert who put a new socket in. This made no difference. He did comment that I was quite a way from the exchange, and also suggested a new hub 2 might help, although I can't see why this would be the case.

One odd thing is that he couldn't reset the router, either from the web interface or with the button. He didn't replace it because he didn't think it would help with the speed issue.

Anyway, here are my hub stats:

ashman30a_0-1630070498271.png

Grateful for any advice. I'm still within my 14 day cooling off period so I'll cancel if this is as good as it gets.

Cheers!

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Upgraded from Fibre1 to Fibre2 and no difference

Go to solution

@ashman30a 

Why are you only showing a 2 hour connection time, as you must leave things alone, otherwise the connection speed is unlikely to improve, as restarts or disconnections during the initial 10 days, will be seen as a fault and your connection speed will be restricted?

Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

You would appear to be still on the Fibre 1 profile as can be seen by your Data rate being a nice 10/55Mbps when it should be above that going by your Max Data Rate.

You need to contact BT and ask them to confirm that your broadband package has been updated.

Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Hi

That was when the home tech expert was here. I think he rebooted it.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks. 

At least two different people at BT have told me that it has. I am sceptical though. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Your line is obviously on Fibre 1. The 10/55Mbps is the Fibre 1 profile. If you were on Fibre 2 both these numbers would be higher and nearer your max data rate which is what your line can support.

Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Thank you very much. I was hoping someone would say something like that.

I'm going to try and push this now I have some evidence.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

if still no success with CS then post back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Totally agree with @gg30340 , you haven't been upgraded.

Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Update is that I am being sent a replacement hub. This is after I reported that it can't be factory reset. Should be with me on Tuesday. The case has also been elevated to OpenReach.

Very pleasant support agent was again of the view that the speed was good considering distance from the exchange. I don't disagree that it's good for Fibre1. It's just not that good for Fibre2, as I keep trying to explain!

I will report back next week.

0 Ratings