cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Upgraded from Fibre1 to Fibre2 and no difference

Go to solution

Clearly a replacement hub will have no effect on your speed until the upgrade has been completed properly.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

@ashman30awrote:

Update is that I am being sent a replacement hub. This is after I reported that it can't be factory reset. Should be with me on Tuesday. The case has also been elevated to OpenReach.

Very pleasant support agent was again of the view that the speed was good considering distance from the exchange. I don't disagree that it's good for Fibre1. It's just not that good for Fibre2, as I keep trying to explain!

I will report back next week.

Obviously the support agent and the "Home Tech Expert" are clueless as FTTC speeds have nothing to do with distance from the exchange. It is distance from the cabinet that matters.

As previously stated you are still on a fibre 1 profile. BTW that has nothing to do with Openreach either.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

as previously posted you are still on fibre 1 and as you have tried CS and been given wrong information about your connection I have asked a mod to see if they can help you get moved to fibre 2   they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @ashman30a,

Thank you for posting. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at your connection.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @ashman30a,

Thank you for sending in your details. I've checked the details of your account and your Broadband was capped at the 55/10.

I've placed and order to have this changed and you will see the speeds increase closer to the maximum attainable rate. I'll follow up with you later in the week to make sure the speeds have increased.

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

The cap was lifted today. I am now seeing a nearly constant 70 download and ~18.5 upload. Perfect.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @ashman30a, thanks for the update and good that it's fixed for you now and I'll let @PaddyB know 🙂

cheers

John

0 Ratings