cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Upgraded to BT Full Fibre but new socket is in wrong location

I can understand keeping out of the way while the engineer gets on with the job but not first discussing what was to be done?

I can only imagine it may not have been an Openreach engineer but a contractor.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

you don't need a  Openreach engineer or contractor it so easy to do by your self its a cheap option then paying out how much for a contractor to put 1 internet port were the modam is and one were you want the other port for the bt router and connect it to the pc that way i think anyway can do sockets for internet no need contractor its all code matching them up on back of the port inside the box 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

@DaveJWalkerwrote:

you don't need a  Openreach engineer or contractor it so easy to do by your self its a cheap option then paying out how much for a contractor to put 1 internet port were the modam is and one were you want the other port for the bt router and connect it to the pc that way i think anyway can do sockets for internet no need contractor its all code matching them up on back of the port inside the box 

No-one is saying an Openreach engineer is needed to install an ethernet socket near the ONT and where the router is. I don't know where you got that from.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

@Mach2Infinity wrote:

"I'm not sure what you mean there, you only have one router and one modem, bridge mode doesn't come into it."

No, the engineer had also installed a smart hub router.

Do you mean you have 2 routers?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

i done like 4 of them around my place 2 single's and 2 doubles to a internet switches done it all my self with 3   8 port switches 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

"I can understand keeping out of the way while the engineer gets on with the job but not first discussing what was to be done?

I can only imagine it may not have been an Openreach engineer but a contractor."

I didn't know it would also involve installing a new socket and simply be changing the wiring on the outside. We have a second line which is the business line in the office where the ONT is now and figured he was in there making sure that line wasn't affected or something. Lesson learned.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

There was no wiring to change as FTTP is not a wired connection, it's a strand of glass fibre. However, as you say lesson learned.

0 Ratings