cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Upgraded to Fibre 2 but still on Fibre 1 speeds

Go to solution

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2 where I was expecting my speeds to increase from 50/10 to around 67/20. However I appear to be stuck on Fibre 1 speeds - when I contacted the call centre they said that the best speed I could get on Fibre 2 was 50/10, however the BT DSL checker using my phone number says otherwise . . 

Fibrejay_0-1610379346593.png

I thought Fibre 2 has the higher download / upload speed? Checking my account it says Fibre 2, but speeds reported are those for Fibre 1 . . .

Fibrejay_1-1610379481639.png

Is this correct? If so, I might as well downgrade to Fibre 1.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Upgraded to Fibre 2 but still on Fibre 1 speeds

Go to solution

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. I am actually using my own modem (Draytek 130). Here are the stats . . 

Fibrejay_0-1610380570925.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

so stats show still restricted to fibre 1 speeds and should get faster on fibre 2 maybe 64/18mb

check MYBT see if order completed  you could phone options team and they will help with upgrade 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

You appear to be still capped at Fibre1 rates, you need to get back to customer services. You shoukld be getting about 66M if they remove the Fibre1 cap.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

I contacted them using the number suggested above. Apparently that's the best speed I can get, but I am not convinced this is true. I might as well downgrade to Fibre 1. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution
BT fibre 1 is 55Mb , not 50, 55 is roughly what your router is reporting, and a max attainable of 66Mb, personally I’m not sure I would upgrade for a relatively small increase in D/L although the upload could be around 18Mb....you probably should try your BT supplied router, if the administrator has changed your profile or stated the upgrade is complete, then perhaps a reboot or sync with your BT router may get you closer to 66/18 , if it doesn’t you need to call again.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Did you check MYBT and see if your upgrade order has completed

you certainly should be getting faster speed on fibre 2

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Hi.

Yes I checked the order and it has been completed. I contacted customer services again to explain that I should be getting a higher download / upload on Fibre 2, but they said that the estimated maximum on Fibre 2 was 48/9 for my line. I am not sure if a mod can help me, but I feel that I won't get any further with customer services.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

I have notified the mods, if they are able to help they will post on the thread.