cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Upgraded to Fibre 2, should come with a new router?

Go to solution

I renewed my contract last month with BT and upgraded to Fibre 2. Previously with BT for a couple of years so have the older smarthub 1 (I think) model. I see that Fibre 2 comes with the Smarthub 2. 

After upgrading I've not had any emails saying a new router is on it's way yet. Shouldn't I be getting a smarthub 2?

Any help/advice would be great. Unfortunately the website chat bot is next to useless as the agents don't appear to be able to help with many options at all.

I can't stand having to ring up companies and usually end up on hold.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgraded to Fibre 2, should come with a new router?

Go to solution

If you search there have been several such threads recently.

If you were promised a SH2 verbally or in writing, you should get one. If you were relying on an image of the SH2 on the deal you signed up to you've been duped. On the plus side, I can't think of a single reason to replace a SH with a SH2.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

You will only be sent a new hub if you need one, you must still have the copper/pstn phone network as Digital Voice would of meant you needed a Smart Hub 2, newer isn't always better, presonally I prefer my Smart Hub 1 as I can split the bands, which isn't an option with the Smart Hub 2.

As you don't need a new hub, you won't be sent another.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
I did search but only found one similar about a halo package and don't think it had info I needed.
If BT had direct message I'd just have done that but they don't. As such I'm not going to spend ages searching because of thier lack of decent communication methods.

Thanks for the answer though, had a few network dropouts the last couple of days but it looks like others have had similar too.

As mentioned, newer isn't always better and the SH appear to still be working fine usually.

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I've upgraded to Fibre 2 yesterday expecting a new router, but gather from this thread that it won't be happening. I was going to purchase a Complete wifi disk outright rather than signing up to a 'rental' package. Not sure what I can do now.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Buy a cheap powerline WiFi hotspot