cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Very slow Bt smart hub 2

My wifi connection is horrible, it takes forever to download anything and i cant seem to do any work at all, things keep lagging and just stopping.

I have no idea how to fix it, help.

Screenshot_20220328_002647.jpg

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Very slow Bt smart hub 2

@Playboy124 

Are you a BT Business customer?

If you are, then you need to post on the BT Business forum, as this is the residential one.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

@Playboy124 

You either keep rebooting your HomeHub on a very,very regular basis or you've got a terribly noisy line which is impacting your connection speeds. Wifi isn't the problem it's just how you see the bad connection you have.

Try a quiet line test by dialling 17070 , option 2 preferably with a corded phone and if there's any noise report it as a line fault.

From your stats you see that the noise margin is 25+ on up & downstreams. This should be in the region of 6 for a good connection.

If you have  business broadband you should use the forum that Keith has suggested and with a business line you do get priority service.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

@TimCurtis 

Would the noise problem be from the phone connected to the master socket, or would the problem be from the main phone line itself connected to my place?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

If you have noise on the phone when you ring 17070 option 2 then it is a line problem and needs an engineer to fix.

The reported noise margin from the stats you posted would indicate that to be the most likely problem.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Do you actually have a dial tone on your landline phone?

As you appear to be business user you need to post on business forum as already advised

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

@imjolly

Yes i have a dial tone, why do you ask? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Because broadband will work very slowly with only one wire connected but you won't get dial tone. A quick check to identify a disconnected wire.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

@licquorice 

OMG what do you mean by one wire connected, this might be the problem then. Please reply when you can :))

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

If you have dial tone then both wires must be connected. Did you try the quiet line test? I suspect your line will be very noisy (probably due to a corroded joint/wire somewhere) and the source of the problem.

0 Ratings