cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

What happened to my full fibre upgrade?

Go to solution

Hi all.

I've been a member on here for a while but in typical fashion haven't really posted since my last problem.

Firstly, thanks to all the moderators on here, and also the 'pseudo' mods who keep the place running in the background. I for one have been on the receiving end of your help previously, and it's appreciated... 

The short story... 

Full fibre has recently become available in my area and with my FTTC deal ending in November, I placed an order to upgrade to Full fibre.

Everything has happened relatively smoothly...

Order placed and confirmed. Many texts and emails both from BT and Openreach confirming the order and installation date. New (EE SH20A) Smart Hub arrived in time - still in its box as I didn't want to disturb my current set-up until necessary.

All was going as planned until yesterday (13-11-23), when the install was scheduled to happen.

Despite planning the install well in advance for a day off work, and it being scheduled and confirmed for between 0800 - 1300, no-one turned up and no-one got in touch. This was the full day, not the actual morning appointment.

I did check the MyBT app throughout the day and there's a mixture of conflicting and wrong information on there.

In short, I really don't know what's happening.

Thankfully the only good thing about the day is that my FTTC connection and phone line is still operational, which is essential during these times of increasingly commonplace hybrid working. 

I have all details to hand and I really would appreciate some help from the Moderators if possible.

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: What happened to my full fibre upgrade?

Go to solution

Hi @Badger1M,

It's good to see you back although not for the reasons either of us would hope for.

First of, I'm sorry that you haven't been contacted by the engineer or anyone else to let you know what's happening.

I'll send you a private message so we can take a look into this for you.

Thank you
DanielS

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @DanielS

Many thanks for your swift reply.

I have replied to your private message with all the details I think you'll need. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require anything else.

Best regards.

Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Badger1M

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me this evening.

I am sorry for the problems with your Full Fibre upgrade order.  A new appointment has been arranged for 7th December between 08:00-13:00.  Everything else we talked about has been sorted and I have messaged you privately confirming this as agreed.

I'll close this off from here but if you need me you know where I am 🙂

Take care,

Robbie

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @RobbieMac

@DanielS 

Robbie, many thanks for making the time and chatting to me this evening. 

Both of your efforts have been very much appreciated.

After a rather hectic and somewhat confusing day, my confidence has been restored that we're now going in the right direction. Hopefully any criticisms or frustrations I may have presented came across as constructive and may help improve your systems.

I have agreed to the new proposed installation date and have replied to your private messages to reflect this.

Many thanks again for the help.

I'm off to stock up on the biscuits I've eaten...

Best regards.

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I would like to know that myself.

Ive been waiting 2 years and they told me there is no plans to install fibre in my area despite me having a picture of my neighbors fibre installation in her house.

Its quicker to send a pigeon than use the mini hub, its probably quicker to write a message on the mini hub and post it. 

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@Leebeemee

From what you've written, it looks like yours may be a different issue to mine.

It may be better for you to create your own thread so any replies and help can be dedicated to your own predicament.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@Badger1M 

@Leebeemee  Already has a very long and extensive thread, but likes to post about it on multiple threads, which is totally unnecessary, and against forum rules.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/14-months-no-installation/td-p/2273264

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

Thanks for the heads up.

I've had a quick look at the linked thread and there's obviously some history there, but again it's irrelevant to me. Is there any way the moderating team can clean up their content and maybe restrict it to their own thread?

At least then it'll all be in one area should they finally pursue their threats of escalating it to social media, ombudsman, national press etc, etc...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@Badger1M 

Repeated spamming of threads can be raised with a moderator. Generally, if new threads are started on the same theme, then they are merged into one, to maintain continuity.

Hijacking  of existing threads, and wasting other peoples` time, needs to be dealt with. Something a moderator or a CL can deal with.