cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Whats going on with my install?

Hello

Can anyone advise on what might be going on here. I am trying to get FTTP broadband.

I've had the fibre cable connected to a box on the front of my house, followed by last Friday an enginner coming into my house and connecting a cable from the outside box to a box he placed on the inside to which he then connected my router too.

The router stayed orange, and a light on the inside box was flashing. He said it is because someone needs to switch something over in a box down the road which should be done in a few days, keep a look out and when it goes blue its working.

Fast forward a week and I called BT because today it is still orange. They tell me I need to make an appointment for Openreach to come and do the internal work, otherwise known as stage 2. This sounds exactly like the work done on the 30th. This appointment won't happen for another 3 weeks.

I keep explaining I have had the internal work done, and what the engineer told me, but they are adamant Openreach say it hasn't.

Any idea whats going on? I can see it being a wasted day off when Openreach turn up to do internal work that doesn't need doing....

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Whats going on with my install?

@astracrazy Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

What date has BT Retail given you for activation?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

It sounds as though your service hasn't been activated.

Give the FTTP team a call 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Oh ok, I have tried phoning BT and get no where.

They said the 24th Jan once I have had stage 2 done, even though I keep saying I had this done on the 30th Dec.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Did you speak to the FTTP team?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

No sorry, I was replying to the other comment.

I will give them a try, thanks, I hadn't seen that number before.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

It diverts to the normal CS number if busy, so try again if you don't get the FTTP team

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hope you have better luck than I have experienced. Similar thing happened to me.

On the 3rd May 2022 I ordered FTTP, finally had the fibre broadband connected 15 December 2022. Should have had digital voice the following day, 16 December. Phone line disconnected that day, no working phone until 26 December, worked for 3 days, lost again on the 29 December. As of todays date still no phone line, contacted BT almost every day, engineer scheduled to arrive tomorrow 7th January 2023.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

The box on the inside will be the ONT , and the lights on it are useful to determine what may or may not be still needed, the power light should be lit (obviously)  , the PON light should be lit and steady , and the LOS light shouldn’t be lit  at all, if the PON light is flashing, then there is light being received from the headend but the ONT isn’t authenticated , so the headend isn’t ‘communicating’  with your  ONT, if the PON is not lit , then the LOS ( loss of signal ) should be lit,  and that means there is no light or insufficient power is being received from the headend ( OLT ) , that’s a physical problem, if the power and PON are lit and steady, it is ‘administrative’ , your account needs to be to be set by BT or ONT serial number yet to be entered into the OLT data set by OR, or both.

0 Ratings