cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Why can't we get FTTP? We get 1mbps approx

@CraigP123wrote:

It says "EARLSDON is served by Cabinet 42" is that what you mean?

From your link that's where I got they have completed the roll out and the map shows complete by the jey. Then it says not available and no plans to make it available.

When you did the broadband check at https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL I assume you used your phone number? Can you please redo the check but use the address and see if it comes up with your correct address that matches your address in the Royal Mail postcode checker https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode ?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Sorry for the very late reply. I used my address which shows correctly on the site. We don't have a phone as I have never seen the point with the speed Internet. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

@CraigP123,

As others have said this is down to Openreach not BT. Have you tried the Openreach checker? https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband what does that say? 

If you've tried that and it doesn't say they are planning anything then you can try contacting them to ask if they know why your nearly new build has been missed. They have a team that look at areas like yours and I know at least one person who got fibre sorted after contacting them to find out what was going on. Form is at:

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form 

And also Earlsdon is within the coverage area of other fibre networks, so worth checking what is going on with them. Obviously you wouldn't be able to get BT Broadband but potentially you could get a faster service. https://cityfibre.com and pop your postcode in for that one.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

They all give the same speed. One called giganet or something similar said they were going to install to our house but then it changed to were having difficulty with your address and couldn't provide us with it. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

do you get a good mobile signal?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

The Openreach page linked doesn’t give a speed it tells you if/when you are planned to get fibre. It will tell you if they are missing you for a reason. It is not a speed checker page it is info from the company that delivers the fibre for the ISPs.

If not planned then use the form to explain you are a nearly new build with FTTP around you and can they look into it. Friends have done exactly that on a development where some bits got missed, within two months they had FTTP.

Giganet use CityFibre, the other link I put above. If you use the CityFibre page it will tell you if there was an issue or if still planned. If it mentions an issue you can email them to find out more. Is your development on roads that are private/not yet adopted by the council? 

Openreach and CityFibre will give you access to a lot of ISPs in FTTP if they build to you but checking with them directly is the best approach to find out their plans. From the info you gave on cabinet you are in the planned build area for FTTP from both.

Message 17 of 21

Yea it said they were building here but they won't connect the 2nd phase of my estate I don't know why. Maybe the exchange is full. Open reach say the build is complete here and there is no more information I can find.

Can I get fibre on open reach says I can't get fibre and they have no plans to install it. 

My development roads etcwill not be taken over by the council we all pay an annual fee for it. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Thanks I tried USO and I'm not eligible as we can get 10mbs through 4g which unfortunately doesn't meet my needs although obviously I'm using it as its the best I can get atm

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

As I work in the industry Im struggling with not being able to find out the reason or any information why I can't get decent hard line broadband. If its something simple like the exchange is full, then I wish they said that. 

I know the exchange is capable and ready as its on the estate. I know the infrastructure is there as far as ducts, I can see them. I doubt its to far knowing the capability of fibre but also possible I guess. 

Crazy but one of the main reasons I'm now looking to move home from a new build is this. I need it for my job. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

@CraigP123 - Private roads would probably explain the CityFibre issue. They would need wayleave from your builder/whoever now owns/maintains the estate roads. There is a product called PIA from Openreach that lets others use their ducts, I don't know how that works when they are in private roads. If they can use them then there may be hope for the future.

Openreach is a strange one, was it the same builder that built the half that has fibre? If so I would fill in the form and explain the situation that part has it and part not, they have a team that look at these issues. They may say sorry due to a technical issue we can't do it or they may look again and workout how to do it.

Developments that have private roads can be a pain, some builders do that and then have their own provider which is your only choice. One developer near me has it right and all the homes are getting Openreach, Hyperoptic and Virgin Media to the front door from day1, just a shame they are on a flood plain!

0 Ratings