cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Why do i see such differences in the speeds using the Checker ?

Go to solution

this has always been an issue were I live.

im kind of in a Bermuda Triangle location - i.e. at the end of two lines, from two nearby towns...

its always been a struggle to get broadband options when i phone up, because im always told I cant get this speed and cant get that speed...but after always arguing that I just want the package, i always get better speeds than what im being told I would...but why does this happen ? its been like this for past 18 years living at same address...

here is my speed checker , it shows Observed speeds way above whats supposed to be achievable ?

it also says im not using an NTE faceplate...? but i am, an Openreach NTE5C MK2 + VDSL MK4 one...?

I would also like to know if and when FTTP will ever be a possibility in my area (Post code BT63) Exchange LURGAN served by Cabinet 118 ?

thanks

bt speeds.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why do i see such differences in the speeds using the Checker ?

Go to solution

you are not going to change the dslchecker expected speed range for your connection but thankfully you are one of lucky people who are getting better than the line estimated range.  Looks like records not been updated if openreach fitted new NTE master but again just a recording problem not affecting your connection

Only openreach will know when your area will get FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
fitted the NTE5C MK2 + VDSL MK4 myself... usually do when a newer version come out lol.

many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/where-when-building-ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

Looks like you are penciled in for somewhere between 2021-2024.  In the list of exchanges all the Craigavon ones are listed that way.

0 Ratings