cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Why has my line been downgraded?

When I moved in to my property I was offered Fibre 1 and Fibre 2 - I took fibre 2 for several years and had speed up to 70mbps.

At some point I renewed and got downgraded to Fibre 1 and 40mbps but recently came to renew and wanted to go back to Fibre 2 ; however BT say this is no-longer possible!? BT say my house cannot support these speeds which is why the option it is not showing.

The estimated speed from openreach is 80mbps; the estimated speeds on other providers websites suggests 60-70mp. However BT, who are the only ones with live access to the line just keep saying that it will not support these speeds.

I have phoned many times and asked why but I just get the response "It will not support these speeds" over and over again.

If I check my neighbours, all houses to the left of mine can get Fibre 2, all houses to the right (separate estate) can only get Fibre 1. 

I 100% used to get these speeds so I don't understand why my line has been crippled.

Can anyone explain? It's very frustrating that something has changed but nobody can tell me what.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Why has my line been downgraded?

Hi @gerbiljones and welcome back.

Great to see you again. I'm sorry there's some confusion about what's available on your line. I can check what's happening. I'll drop you a private message now. Just reply with the details and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings