cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Why is Ultrafast available by other suppliers but not BT at my address ? ? ?

Why can I get Ultrafast from TalkTalk ( I would NEVER use them as their customer service is appalling , at best ) , Zen and Giganet and not from BT , even though the equipment ( most of the time ) is in BT exchanges ???

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why is Ultrafast available by other suppliers but not BT at my address ? ? ?

can you enter your phone number and post results to see what is available to you

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: Why is Ultrafast available by other suppliers but not BT at my address ? ? ?

Because BT will only use the Openreach infrastructure. Presumably you're being offered access to an AltNet's infrastructure via the ISPs you've mentioned.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

From the list of providers you have given I'm assuming city fibre have their full fibre network in your area whereas Openreach do not.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Yes City Fibre does , but I do know for a fact that the City Fibre equipment is in the towns main BT exchange.
I can't think of ANY reason why BT wouldn't want to fit their own equipment , unless they want to lose money to a competitor ? ? ?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

It's not just the equipment at a headend exchange but laying a network of fibre optics cables to allow each property to connect to their own full fibre network.

You may find Openreach may have plans between now and 2026 for your area too: https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/where-when-building-ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I find it extremely weird that Crawley isn't even in the list at all and yet Copthorne is , especially as Crawley is considered as a large town in the densely populated South East ? ? ?

0 Ratings