cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Wifi and Ethernet dropping daily but hub stays blue

I have Fibre 2, FTTC and a SmartHub 2. About 5 weeks ago the Wifi and Ethernet just stop working randomly on the router. I can connect to the admin page which says it it connected and the hub light stays blue. 

Had a Cube engineer out who changed the master socket, nothing changed. Got a new SmartHub 2 sent out, nothing changed. Had an OpenReach engineer here when the problem happened. He tested the line, got a sync and couldn't find a problem on the infrastructure. Even he couldn't connect to the Wifi or via cable. Rebooted the router and it all worked fine again!

Any thoughts? Could I send logs which may help?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Wifi and Ethernet dropping daily but hub stays blue

have you replaced the cable from the master socket to the hub and ensured the cable is secured at both ends?

as you have replaced the SH2 unlikely 2 hubs with same fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

New everything! New hub, new cable, new master socket. 

It's almost as if something "happens" to the hub and it stops passing connection through. 

All the devices on my Wi-Fi network stay connected and they can ping each other, they just can't ping anything on the internet. I can also add new devices to the network and they get assigned a local IP address but also can't access the internet. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

What happens when you  depower the SH2 then power it back on?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Like magic, it all works again fine when I reset, pull the plug or press the power on/ off button. Very confusing. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Are you switching the hub off overnight? if so then don't, it screws the line speed up

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

It never gets switched off.

Line speed is fine when it is working. Even when not sending internet to the devices the hub is in sync and showing blue. Speed is not a problem, lack of complete internet is. Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hello.

Did you get this problem resolved?

I have exactly the same problem as you described.

Shaun

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Yes, I did get it resolved!

I resolved it by cancelling my BT line with (on a good day) 20 down/1up and got Starlink instead!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@darrenjhopkins 

"New everything! New hub, new cable, new master socket. "

New power supply?

It could have an intermittent fault that is only apparent when it has been on for a while.

Possibly a slight drop in the output voltage? I have known that to happen with these plug in the wall types: they show the correct voltage open circuit with a meter, but fail when conected to equipment.

0 Ratings