cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

fault fixed on gfast and speeds are now slower

I am currently on Halo 250+ package. For the first 3 months I was getting approx 275mbps and it was working flawlessly. Then the fault happened, with ping of up to 3000ms and download speed as low as 500kbs. Then 15 seconds later back to 275mbps. Was very sporadic with no pattern. Could be randomly throughout the day, or even all day sometimes.

After 5 weeks of calling BT and 2 escalations, the engineer has connected me to a new socket.  So far, no 3000ms ping and remains constant (although it's only been about 3 hours since and the problem was rather intermittent so we'll see) But right now my speed is consistently 220-235mbps with 3ms ping. Now this is much better than the past few weeks but overall...it isn't like it's 3000 ping anymore. but this is worse than before the fault even happened.

I know the stay fast guarantee is 150mbps but from a customer perspective. I used to be getting 275mbps. And now after circumstances not at my fault, my speeds are lower than what they used to be and the engineers have not succeeded in bringing my speeds back up to "normal" rather, just above the stay fast guarantee. Will BT do anything if it's still technically above 150mbps? It affects me the most as I will be setting up a business hosting servers so a lot of bandwidth will be needed.  40mbps is quite a big drop and I'm rather disappointed with BT and how the whole situation was handled considering my house is fully capable of achieving the full 275mbps. It also took me 5 weeks to get hold of openreach. Ridiculous!

I've been paying for this contract and haven't even been able to use it! and because the broadband wasn't completely out I'm not even entitled to any compensation

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: fault fixed on gfast and speeds are now slower

It affects me the most as I will be setting up a business hosting servers so a lot of bandwidth will be needed

@stuartgf 

You are on the wrong contract, you need to be on a BT Business Account, assuming you are not already on that. You would not be able to host servers on a residential account.

This is the BT Retail Customer Forum.

The BT Business forum is here https://business.forums.bt.com/

You can claim compensation on a BT Business account.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I may consider switching in the near future, but regardless as a regular consumer my speeds are now slower

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Without seeing the hub connection stats I would say due to being switched to a new port you need to allow time for G.INP to kick in and a speed increase. Normally just a few days. Just let DLM do it's job and it will correct your speeds automatically.

G.INP is not something engineers can enable manually. More about G.INP HERE.

0 Ratings