cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

fault tracker

Package Fibre with BT Halo 1

I've had very slow connection speeds for the last few weeks, an average connection speed of 8mb down from an average of 65mb.I raised a fault and was visited by an engineer who check everything and found no problems in the property but replaced the Master Socket to eliminate the socket as the problem as it was over 15 years old. After doing another speed check it was still connecting at 8mb. He told me the fault would now be passed to BT Openreach. I've been following the online tracker but it is giving me conflicting information.

The summery at the top of the page say's  Fault Fixed. "You've told us your fault has been fixed, thanks for letting us know" The fault hasn't been fixed and at no point did i tell them it had been. It also gives me an estimated date that the supplier will fix the fault. This date has now passed and there has been no update on the fault tracker.

My question is, do BT think the fault is fixed and will i now  have to raise a new fault or do i wait for a new estimated date for the fault to be fixed

Here is the summery

Summary

Fault Fixed

Progress

23 Dec 2020   Reported Fault Problem               Right to Exit from 27 Jan 2021
at 16:06

Broadband - Slow Connection

2 Jan 2021       Supplier update
                              Code: 0101 Message: In-Complete :: On Site Install Completed - All Cabling / STB left On-Site -           There  is an issue that Our Client advised they will resolve remotely

2 Jan 2021       Fault fixed
                              You have told us that your fault was fixed

2 Jan 2021       We're monitoring your broadband speed
                               at 13:03 This will only take three days - we'll be in touch with the results once we're finished.

2 Jan 2021        Supplier update
Code: 0101       Message: In-Complete :: On Site Install Completed - All Cabling / STB left On-Site - There is an                issue that Our Client advised they will resolve remotely

6 Jan 2021        Unable to monitor speed
at 08:10             We've not been able to monitor your broadband speed. We'll be in touch soon to resolve this.

8 Jan 2021        New estimated fix date
Our supplier has estimated that your fault will be fixed on Fri 8 Jan 2021.

Today - Fri 15 Jan 2021

can anyone give any advice?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: fault tracker

is it a broadband fault or a phone line fault?  do you have a dial tone?  if so dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

looks like you need to report a fault again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Hi imjolly, thanks for replying. Its a broadband fault. I've dialed 17070 and there is noise on the line but i only have cordless phones.

the result of the tests

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product code:Smart Hub 2

Serial number:+091298+2037024612

Firmware version:v0.24.04.11017-BT
Firmware updated:Sun Dec 27 10:11:14 2020

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.71 05_06_2020

DSL uptime:0 days,11 Hours50 Mins50 Secs

Data rate:19 Mbps / 8.799 Mbps

Maximum data rate:22.001 Mbps / 37.303 Mbps

Noise margin:7.5 / 24.1

Line attenuation:8.8 / 19.2

Signal attenuation:8.8 / 20.3

VLAN id:101

Upstream error control:Off

Downstream error control:Off

Data sent / received:270.6 MB Uploaded  / 4.5 GB Downloaded

Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:Activated

2.4 GHz wireless network name:BT-5TAK8M

2.4 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel1)

5 GHz wireless network name:BT-5TAK8M

5 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel36)

Wireless security:WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:Mode 1

Firewall:On

MAC address:E4:75:DC:34:99:29

Software variant:-

Boot loader: 0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017)
BT.png

thanks again for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The most you should get with a cordless phone is a dull background hum. Report a noisy phone line fault not a broadband one.

0 Ratings