cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: fibre 2 package question

As you are on DV , the option to check for a noisy line is gone ( well the 17070 quiet line check is ) , but it’s likely that you have a line issue….if the previous OR tech , to repair a fault has put you on a split pair then your speed would suffer as a consequence, or it could be your line , still on a twisted pair is faulty but you don’t notice it when on a call, as a call on DV doesn’t ‘crackle’ as it could when the ‘line’ is faulty.

All you can do is (re) report it , if the automatic system says the line is OK , and given the option to accept or reject this , obviously reject it, or contact BT and report it personally rather than through any on line options 

Message 12 of 19

Thank for the reply.

i have done the automated check and it was all clear. After speaking to customer services they did some checks and they were clear as well however they did raise a compliant with Openreach as to why my line speed has reduced but have had no reply and I cannot contact open reach directly.

i have spoken to customer services again and they are chasing Openreach as there is still no reply but still say the same the checks are clear.

I’m a bit stumped as this has been going on for over a year with EE and now BT.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

That’s complete BS… you clearly disregarded the fact the OP’s upload is 10 meg when they have said they are paying for fibre 2

@egghead33 'edit by mod' If you’re on fibre 2 I would expect you to have higher upload speeds. You’re on the wrong profile by the looks of it and a MOD on here could easily rectify this for you. 

You have similar line stats to me so I’d at least expect you to be pulling 66ish meg and 17meg ish upload on fibre 2. 

Good luck, someone just needs to change you to an 80/20 profile and Wooshh should update your SNR accordingly. 

Message 14 of 19

Thanks for the reply.

having been on the phone to customer services for 2 hours this afternoon after it was mentioned I should re report the the issue. they are saying there is no fault which is correct and I tried to explain that it’s the speed that’s the problem not a fault.  Customer services didn’t know anything about a different profile and didn’t know what the solution was.
that’s why I came to the community to see if there was another solution with reference to the 80/20 profile.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

@egghead33 its only something an Openreach engineer can configure.. @JohnC2 could you help maybe? 

Message 16 of 19

@samtheaspie wrote:

That’s complete BS… you clearly disregarded the fact the OP’s upload is 10 meg when they have said they are paying for fibre 2

. If you’re on fibre 2 I would expect you to have higher upload speeds. You’re on the wrong profile by the looks of it and a MOD on here could easily rectify this for you. 

You have similar line stats to me so I’d at least expect you to be pulling 66ish meg and 17meg ish upload on fibre 2. 

It would appear that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to how FTTC Broadband works and how distance from the cabinet, joins/connections, type of line etc of an individual line affects the maximum speed that the line can deliver regardless of whether it is a Fibre 1 or Fibre 2 package.

Just because you are on a Fibre 2 package does not mean you will automatically get the "top" speed of that package. You will only ever get the maximum speed that your individual line can deliver and comparing it with your line is a totally pointless exercise. 

Message 17 of 19

@gg30340 I love how you assume that I don't know what I am talking about when in actual fact I know exactly what I am talking about. I know about distances so please stop trying to say I am clueless when I am not. If the OP Previously say that they achieved 70 odd meg then I would be more inclined to believe them.. the OP has stated they are 350 metres away roughly.. Which has also prompted my responses. 

@egghead33 I wouldn't bother with this forum, you just get scripted responses.. I have for 3 years. Waste of time. You need a profile change. Thank me later.

Message 18 of 19

@samtheaspie 

As I posted already I think @egghead33 should have a faster connection based on the dslchecker results but the problem is a line problem and needs openreach engineer.  I dont think, based on stats posted, it is a profile problem like you keep saying as the attainable speeds are just above the actual speeds and attainable speeds would show the line capability regardless of package.  If you check stats posted by anyone who was on fibre 1 their attainable speed is not restricted to the fibre 1 max but is actually the max speed the line is capable of reaching And may even exceed the fibre 2 max speed of 80mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 19 of 19

Lets keep it friendly here guys.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings