cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

snr reset

hi i was wondering if one of the mods could try and reset my (fttc) bb , i had a line fault a few weeks ago and had an engineer out  , he fixed the fault , it was HR dis one leg  top of the pole  he also reset my bb but in doing so my snr has gone from 3 to 12.5 . it has been at 3 for years and it worked very well ,hub was in sync at 79.999 meg and a speed test always came back at 70-74meg now im down to 30-35meg  . so if you can put it back to 3 i would very happy ...thanks 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: snr reset

Hi @welshgit

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry for the slower broadband speed since the HR fault was fixed.  Has everything remained stable since the repair?  If so, we'll be able to reset the noise margin from here and give you the full 80/20 profile.  It sounds like the speed is banded currently.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi @welshgit,

Thank you for taking my call today. I've requested the reset with Wholesale. It normally takes them around 24 hours to action that request. 

We should start to see the speed increase over the next few days. I'll follow up with you on Wednesday to see how the connection is.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@welshgitThe DLM reset will take your noise margin down to 6dB, it will then take up tp 10 days for G.INP to kick in. This is fully automatic and cannot be performed manually.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

as an ex-engineer i realise that , but it appeared to be stuck at 12 so any reduction is a help and then just wait for the system to sort itself out  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

hello paddy/robbie   just to let you know my SNR has done it again , the router rebooted friday morning and now im getting 35meg down and 11 up the router is in sync ar 60meg  .and the SNR has gone from 3 to 14 ,when it was 3 it was in sync at 79meg and a download speed of 66 -73 meg . last time wholesale did a reset but it did not change as there was a glitch somewhere and it took a few weeks to find .....any chance you could ask them to reset it again  thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Sounds like there could still be a fault on the line.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

the wife said the router dropped out twice this morning   , so i just checked it and its gone back to what it should be  yay   

0 Ratings