cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

4G Home Hub - switch to new provider - SIM is locked

Go to solution

Hello gang

Bought a 4G hub from EE a couple of weeks' back as a stopgap while waiting for fibre to be installed.   Been using it with an EE SIM but am rapidly running down credit and need to switch to unlimited data on another provider. 

New (other provider) SIM card arrived today and I've just tried it with the hub to receive a message that the SIM is locked and I need to enter a code.  I've tried the new SIM in my phone and it isn't locked.  I've also tried a known working SIM in the hub and had the same message.

When I bought the hub I was assured it was unlocked - and according to the BT site, all or their devices since late 2021 are unlocked (although I'm not sure whether that just applies to phones and tablets).  Something's not right - I'm guessing either the unlocked statements wasn't true or the use of the EE SIM out of the box has caused it to lock up - or these devices have a default SIM pin that I can't find anywhere.

Anyone come across this before, know what pin the device requires or know who I need to approach for help?  It's clearly not the new provider but I can't work out whether it's EE or BT I need to talk to about the SIM pin.

Hope that all makes sense - and thanks in advance.

Neil

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: 4G Home Hub - switch to new provider - SIM is locked

Go to solution
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you so much internet stranger person! 

Yup - that was exactly what I needed and my Google-Fu had let me down badly.  Ran through the instructions and we're all good. 

Now all I've got to worry about is a frankly shoddy 3G signal but from what I've experienced so far, that's nothing new.

Thanks again.  That's very kind of you.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Glad to help.

If you haven't already, have a look at the Ofcom indoor coverage checker to see what should be the best network.

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/mobile-coverage

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Great to see you're sorted @the-chauffeur .

Kudos to @rbz5416 . Just want the community is all about.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings