cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT Mobile ¦ Alternatively, Is It EE ?

Go to solution

What's in a brand ?
BT Offers for Mobiles. Access an offer, I'm directed to EE.
What complicates the issue is, I'd like to add a mobile to a BT Contract.
Looks like a 'can-o-worms'; bordering on a 'box-o-frogs' at 1st glance ? A perilous journey !
So, how to pair a current Payg T-Mobile phone (probably EE, anyway), to BT Mobile (if it's still stand-alone), and add it to a BT Contract ?MBW.png

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Mobile ¦ Alternatively, Is It EE ?

Go to solution

Yes,

the situation does appear to be a maze at the moment.

I hold an iPhone on a BT contract. It's only 2Gb of data, so i hold a spare payg phone from another provide, just in case. In a recent visit from a tech expert there was a suggestion to move over to EE . Coverage is better apparently. 
"OK, I'll order a new sim card then."
"Oh no, you have to buy a new phone to accommodate the EE sim card."

It may be better to wait, until more explanation is given.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@Ribblelancswrote:

Yes, the situation does appear to be a maze at the moment.
I hold an iPhone on a BT contract. It's only 2Gb of data, so i hold a spare payg phone from another provide, just in case. In a recent visit from a tech expert there was a suggestion to move over to EE . Coverage is better apparently. 
"OK, I'll order a new sim card then."
"Oh no, you have to buy a new phone to accommodate the EE sim card."
It may be better to wait, until more explanation is given.

Whoever needs a PayG mobile, on every Network Provider, anyway? I'm looking to collapse my PayG Empire into a single Smartphone, and a PayG reserve.  I thought my goal would create a unique 'Paper-Chasing-Electron-Conundrum'. It's a shame an instant answer from BT, isn't available. Still, there's plenty of time; until, the Network Providers shut-down 2nd & 3rd Gen Kit ? Less choice when there's only 4th & 5th Gen available. MobileYEH.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

From looking at the BT website you can still get sims on BT but handsets are all on EE now, looks like the start of the end of BT mobile & everything moving to the EE brand

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@garybs29wrote:

From looking at the BT website you can still get sims on BT but handsets are all on EE now, looks like the start of the end of BT mobile & everything moving to the EE brand

On balance; best, let's see what the future holds.BTEEbalance.gif

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

You will need a 5G phone, to use the EE sim card, although presumably it's backwards compatible. 5G isn't available everywhere at the moment, or if it's there, the signal is mostly weak.
My iPhone isn't 5G capable either, and can't be modified to accept 5G....even when 5G comes locally.....
It's better to wait, I think. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

@Ribblelancswrote:

You will need a 5G phone, to use the EE sim card, 

What utter rubbish, yes the sim is 5G enabled but will work on 3/4G as well

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@garybs29 

Tell that to the BT/EE Hybrid Connect Tech people!

I get a good signal strength everywhere indoors on the iPhone, but little or nothing from the Hybrid Connect, if it were to come into operation. 

Using BT (not  EE, on the iPhone, or the laptop). It's yet to be put to the test, though, as failures are rare, locally. Have been told that EE is a combination of the old Orange and T Mobile signal, and gives the best coverage.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

I have the same experience as you, I get great coverage on BT in my iPhone, since moving over to EE it's the same 50-60Mbps. Whenever the Hybrid hub kicks in am getting less than 1Mbps down regardless where is is placed because the device is trash.

I had Halo before and upgraded because I work from home frequently didn't want to be stuck if my Broadband went down but wish I hadn't bothered, the extra £15 (now £20 with the price increase) really isn't value for money.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING !

0 Ratings