cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT mobile “ Roam like Home” in Iceland

Hi all. 
Has anyone recently been to Iceland and used “Roam like Home” with BT mobile. I’ve checked with BT mobile group to confirm my data etc should work okay but I wanted to know if someone has physically accessed and used it in Iceland( Reykjavic) The main reason being that we have a choice to download a bus app to buy tickets there. 
Much appreciated for any response.

regards,

Paul

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT mobile “ Roam like Home” in Iceland

this may help

https://www.bt.com/products/mobile/about/data-roaming

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Imjolly. Distinguished Sage.

Thank you for your reply. I had already checked that link previously and contacted BT mobile to make sure my mobile plan covered “roam like home”. The problem is that although it mentions working in a certain country you sometimes find it doesn’t. I am asking if someone has recently been to Iceland and used BT mobile “roam like home” to know it works definitely. 
Thank you anyway for your quick response and advice.

Regards,

Paul

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@hubbys

surely if the product spec shows Iceland included in 'roam like home' and you have phoned BT and also be told that is included that must be how it is and if not and you do get a charge(very unlikely) then you claim refund

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Imjolly. Distinguished Sage. 

True. All being well it should work and no problem. I was just after reassurance whether or not someone had been recently to Iceland and used it.For people that have previously  been to Iceland, like myself ( 2015) you will know that it is a predominately credit card country for foreigners at least and cash is rarely used except on buses. Therefore there is very little point in taking any currency so using the local bus app is the best way. 
Obviously common sense prevails and to try the mobile out first and  if it doesn’t work find an alternative. All I was enquiring about was whether anyone had recently used the “ roam like home” facility in Iceland. Certainly as things have moved on a lot since I was last there.

regards,

Paul

0 Ratings