cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 35

Re: Can we stay with BT Mobile and not be moved to EE?

Go to solution

I have BT broadband - fibre to cabinet only unfortunately and little prospect of this changing in the near future in my rural location.

Broadband contract up for renewal in November 2024.

I have 3 BT mobiles which I get £5 discount on each by virtue of having the Broadband contact. The mobiles themselves are out of contract. 

My intention is to stick with BT Mobile out of contract for as long as I can as among other things I find the 'BT Roam from Home' is very useful for EU visits.

The pressure selling to move away from BT Mobile has already begun! My separate McAfee security subscription expires next week and today when I called up to get more information on BT Virus Protect and Norton Password manager as an alternative I was encouraged to move away from BT Mobile, start a new broadband contract and pay extra to support 15 devices on BT Virus Protect, as only 2 are included for free on my current package.

Pay more and get less? Hmmmm, I think not.

Message 32 of 35

Go to solution

We renewed our broadband back in March (fibre to cabinet only too with no sign of that changing anytime soon) and we’ve been out of contract with our BT Mobile since May last year. We use the free roam like home facility 2/3 times per year. The pressure to move to EE mobile has been going on for about 3 years now, even before EE was announced as the consumer brand. We intend to stick with BT Mobile until they announce that they’re closing it down and see what the offers are to move to EE Mobile.

Message 33 of 35

Go to solution

We were mis-led into changing and I was very unhappy when I went with it. I'm totally free of all BT now, broadband too.

When I found out I was losing roaming I spoke to EE and they added for free to my 4  family phones.

Message 34 of 35

Go to solution

I was given the option of staying with BT Mobile but the deal was the same price I paid for each month that included a device, even though device was fully paid up. As I travel to Spain many times a year, free roaming was important so I used a very well known comparison site and switched to the well known mobile provider that still gives free roaming, in fact I've just renewed for another year with them, obtaining deal again through comparison site. EE charge an extortionate £25.00 a month to roam so that was a no brainer to not go with them

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 35

Go to solution

I believe that most of the MVNOs that use the EE network still offer free roaming. The £25pm that EE charge is indeed extortionate. Plusnet Mobile customers were offered good deals when that was closed, including 30 day contracts. I’ll see what we’re offered when the time comes, although I think we’ll probably go for a MVNO operator that uses EE with free roaming, that also doesn’t have an annual price increase.

0 Ratings