cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cancelling mobile phone

I currently have BT broadband with 2 mobile phones, both mobiles are out of contract. I just wish to cancel one of my mobiles and leave the other. What is the cancellation procedure (other than ringing them as a 1 hour queue) according to BT robot. 

I would just like to know that if my monthly contract resets in 13th of the month, when do I call them so that I use all my monthly allowance? Can anyone give me a timescale as to what happens ? 

I would just like to use all of my month allowance and not have to pay for a month when not in use. 

I’m also a bit wary of phoning BT as last time I called them (2 years ago) to find cheaper broadband on the same package, they said they would keep me on the same deal and save me £2 a month, I asked would the service stay the same, they agreed then they cut me off broadband, sold my cabinet space to someone else and I had to wait 6 months to get re connected. All because the salesman wanted to up his sales figures! 

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancelling mobile phone

If you’re going to another provider you can request a PAC or STAC by texting that word to 65075.

PAC is to keep the number and move it.

STAC is to cancel the number and keep new number from new provider.

you’d then give the code to a new provider who contact BT to cancel the service and take action with the telephone number.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi. Thanks for the info. I really wanted to find out the timescales. Can I tell BT say on 1st of the month then they cancel on 12th of the month with no further charges? 

thanks again, perhaps I had better phone them and ask. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Julia25wrote:

Hi. Thanks for the info. I really wanted to find out the timescales. Can I tell BT say on 1st of the month then they cancel on 12th of the month with no further charges? 

You have to give 30 days notice to end any BT service, ring 0800 800 150, BT have a mobile retention team who will deal with your request.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes, thanks. They said the same when I rang them this morning. Thanks. 

0 Ratings